Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Clear Line



Back in the 1960’s, the telephone on Del Norte Lane was a land line.  I can still see it on the wall in the dining room, and I still remember the phone number.  The telephone company was Mountain Bell, located in a large, windowless building on East Alameda Street.  I worked as a directory assistance operator for Mountain Bell in the summer after I graduated from high school, and was later promoted to traffic operator. 

Picture Ernestine: “One ringy-dingy, two ringy-dingies. Is this the party to which I am speaking?”

In those days, a person could call the operator and, with a sufficient explanation, ask for the line to be cleared. Then, the telephone operator would dial in to the busy land line and say, “This is the telephone company. We need you to clear the line for an emergency call.”

Lately in my meditation and prayer, I have been working on my clear line to God – that place where you just know like you know that He is listening.  I pray, “Not my will but your will be done” (Luke 22:42), and I pray for a clear line.

I also work on my clear line to the Archangels.  I talk to St. Michael, the Archangel of miracles and technology, for protection from harm (especially while traveling), for protection from fear, and for guidance with my life purpose.  I talk to St. Raphael for my health and those who have health problems.  I talk to St. Gabriel when I need to set my goals for the future, when I need to communicate clearly, and when I sit down to write.  I talk to St. Uriel when I need to focus my mind and come up with the solution to a dilemma.  I know there are other Archangels, but these are my four guys.

Maggie teases me that God always listens to me.  Well, it’s not always evident, but He has responded to my prayers, manifested amazing results and messages, and provided me with wisdom and understanding for why something didn’t happen as I had hoped.  It usually happens after a period of quiet meditation and prayer to clear the line.  I know that God and the Archangels can only intervene if I ask them, so I ask.  And I never forget to give thanks.

No comments: